After further review of our programming, we now have some updated
information for our youngest players.
Again, we are still waiting approval for our proposed
programming by O.M.H.A., but wanted to ensure our families are updated on the plan to
We are planning to start the 2020/2021 season in October.
Like other leagues, the OCHL must adhere to the OHF Return to Hockey protocols, as well as those set out by the City of Oshawa. Based on these, we are proposing the following programming to start the season:
- Development will be organized into cohorts based on registration and will consist of 10 sessions facilitated by Head Start Hockey
- U7 (5- and 6-year old’s) will be organized into cohorts based on registration and will consist of 1 session per week. The ice will be divided for the purpose of educational game play and skill centres.
- U8 and U9 (7 and 8-year old’s) will be organized into cohorts based on registration and will consist of 1 session per week. The ice will be divided for the purpose of educational game play and skill centres.
Please keep in mind that this format could change as we get further into the season.
Due to the limited number players allowed inside a bubble, registration is first come, first serve.
- Please register by Sept 14 at noon so that we can secure ice and begin building teams
- No fee is being collected during the registration process (see proposed fee structure below)
- You will find the link to register on the OCHL’s website - https://ochl.net/Pages/4169/Online_registration_/
- If you are having any issues registering using the link above, please visit - https://ochl.net/Forms/1354/OCHL_PLAYER_REGISTRATION_FORM/ to submit your form directly to the OCHL
- Based on Hockey Canada, OMHA and the OHF, if you were registered with an association outside of Oshawa you will be required to gain approval to play with the OCHL
- If you are new to Oshawa please continue through the registration process
Proposed Fee Structure
As we advance through the OHF’s Return to Hockey framework our programming may change which impacts cost. As a result, the OCHL will be collecting fees in 4-week blocks plus a $50 registration fee. We will only be collecting the $50 registration fee and block 1 upon registration. Block 2 will be due at the start of the season (Block 1).
U7: $50 registration plus $115 per Block
U8: $50 registration plus $115 per Block
U9: $50 registration plus $110 per block
To read more about the OHF’s Return to Hockey Framework, please visit:
We look forward to getting the kids back on the ice in this new normal and commit to keeping everyone updated as plans change.